Unfortunate (?) Change of Plan

May 25, 2010 · 11 comments

Just a quick update on my change of plan (old skool style blog post here!).

Due to my campervan not exactly selling at an ideal price I’ve had to drop my plan of crossing China, Mongolia and Russia via train for now, I will definitely do it some day though! In fact I spoke to a French girl here in Malaysia who did it the opposite way, however she did it slower than I planned too (including a 2 month stop in Mongolia) and this sounds like a much better way to do that journey now anyway, so I may do it longer term when I get round to it.

I am currently dwelling in Malaysia and am planning a new series of writing for living in a campervan as well as presenting some stories from my travels when I get round to writing them.

Out of which, which ones would you awesome people like to hear first?

These are the options:

1) Norwegian Millionaire in Cambodia – I guy I got drunk with who had a good life story.

2) Paul the Pimp – A Thai man who chased me all through the red light district in Bangkok trying to get me to look at his ‘merchandise’.

3) My Date With An Australian Girl – My Australian work mates know just how badly this one turned out even though they only got half of the story.

4) Crazy Paddy – Irish guy approximately 100 years old in the middle of nowhere in Australia telling me how the Australian government is conspiring against him.

5) Ann the mental – A girl who caused quite a scene in a club, when I decided she wasn’t for me. Involving drinks thrown, hair pulled, slapping and tears.

6) Jehova Witness – He liked my campervan, then proceeded to tell me how I would be saved and to read his disturbing picture book.

Some of these are short, some a bit long winded, but they are all pretty good and will be up eventually, just wondered if any one in particular sparks some interest :-)

Abbie May 25, 2010 at 3:57 AM

I want to hear about Paul the Pimp or the Jehovah’s Witness…

Katie May 26, 2010 at 2:08 PM

The Pimp and the Irish man please! hehe! Gutted about not doing the Transsiberian this time, but it’ll be even better if you have it to look forward to for a while! Dwelling in Malaysia…sounds pretty chilled!

Candice May 26, 2010 at 2:08 PM

PLEASE post them all immediately. Starting with the disaster date.
.-= Candice´s last blog – The Front Step Poop Story =-.

AdventureRob May 27, 2010 at 6:13 AM

It seems like Paul the Pimp is winning at the moment :-)

Candice – they will all go up in time, I can’t put them up immediately as I need to write them first, and I don’t want to use all the good stuff up quickly ;-)

Katie – Yes, I’m sure I’ll appreciate it more if I do it slower too, rather than just an alternate way of getting home rather than flying.

Sandra May 27, 2010 at 7:13 AM

I vote for Ann the mental. And don’t be worried about using up the good stuff – there’s *always* more good stuff. Give us what you’ve got!
.-= Sandra´s last blog – Meet at the lion =-.

AdventureRob May 29, 2010 at 4:46 AM

There is still more time to vote as it’ll be a week or so before I can start writing them :-)

Sandra – There is more good stuff, but this is the *best* stuff ;-) I was wondering whether to keep it for a book in the future, but I can’t be bothered with that now haha

Yiannis May 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Hey Rob, when you arrive south of China, let me know. I like weather here. already stay here for a while. Friendly people.

ciki May 30, 2010 at 11:02 PM

yo rob! was great meeting ya! me and jo had a great time hangout out tho for just a short period.. he says if u are ever in KL on a more ‘luxury’ sorta visit he can take u for more adventure sports. too bad time is not on our side this time.. anyway, take care.. don’t forget my guestpost ! LOL xoxo, ciki

AdventureRob May 31, 2010 at 5:21 AM

Yiannis – I unfortunately won’t be heading to the south of China any time soon, I don’t really like to rush through countries and China is so big I’d rather dedicate a good amount of time for there when I can.
.-= AdventureRob´s last blog – Australia Day 2010 =-.

AdventureRob May 31, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Ciki – Yo girl! hopefully when I return to KL I’ll have a bigger budget to play around with :-) I’ll get your guestpost done within the next 2 weeks n_n