Hello Sydney

February 26, 2010 · 6 comments

The final day of the adventure and our progression to Batemans Bay last night paid off as the highway direct to Sydney was closed due to an oil tanker which crashed (unfortunately resulting in the death of a family skidding on the oil) the previous night on Princes Highway.
Queue a 400km diversion (as there is a national park with only an unsealed road through which I thought was best to skip as it wouldn’t be any faster in the Mystery Machine) almost via Canberra (time was too short to pay it a visit).

We passed a town called Tarago, which is the model of Toyota we have been driving which was pretty cool, although there is virtually no attractions there.

Town of Tarago

Finally, after 20 days, 200 dead kangaroos, 1 Emu, Alex’s snoring, over 6000km, a broken starter motor, countless Germans, glorious beaches, and one crazy 100 year old Irish man, the adventure came to an end. Relieved to be staying around a friends house, with a shave, shower and sh!t it was time to bring in the year 2010 from Sydney in style.

Sydney Opera House

Final Destination: Sydney

Kangaroo Tally:

Alive: 0 Dead: 0

Abbie February 26, 2010 at 6:14 AM

How sad that your trip is over :(

AdventureRob February 27, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Abbie – yes, I much enjoyed the road trip, however as one comes to an end, I will shortly be embarking on the next one, this time it’s up the east coast of Oz :-D

john mark March 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Wow I love Sydney hope I can go there for vacation. It is my greatest dream to go to Sydney. I want to see kangaroo in person,glorious beaches, and to adventure and explore more things. Thanks for sharing your pics to us more power to your site! and please continue inspires many people.
.-= john markĀ“s last blog – Mobiles for Cash =-.

marta March 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM

how nice is to have a proper hot shower?? Did u went to the norther beaches of Sydney? They r faboulous

AdventureRob March 4, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Showers are totally underrated to people who have them daily!

Am going to North Sydney beaches shortly on my trip up the east coast. The ones South of Sydney are nice though, in fact Australia is just full of nice beaches, it’s actually more of a challenge to find a bad one.
.-= AdventureRobĀ“s last blog – Off To Melbourne =-.

AdventureRob March 4, 2010 at 4:12 AM

John Mark – Thanks for comment, Sydney is nice, but it doesn’t have to be a dream, just book that flight and go!