I’m very suspicious of things going well, it’s not normal. Maybe it’s because I come from a country which has 85% of its days overcast run by an unelected prime minister, but when things go well it usually means prepare for something to go badly soon, and this is just as I am about to leave Perth for the biggest road trip I’ve ever done (so will be a bit behind moderating comments) and drive 4000km across a desert in this thing…
Anyhow, the good things have stacked up enough for me to boast about them in list form rather than drag one achievement out in a sentence like this one I’m typing right now.
- One of my photos has been recognised by Schmap and is being used in their online guide to Perth, check that out here: www.schmap.com
- John Bardos who runs website of awesome JetSetCitizen came to the conclusion I would be interesting enough to interview, check that out here: www.jetsetcitizen.com
- Julie and Co of the Matador network decided my writing was decent enough to be seen by their army of followers, granted I had to write about Pamela Anderson and Whale Penis’s to get their attention, it hasn’t been published yet…
- The Scooby Doo themed van I purchased has passed vehicle inspection (with a bit of work, love and wallet twitching) and is now registered for me to drive across Australia in, check out my walk around it here: www.adventurerob.com
- I made a link sale on here, so actually earnt some money with this blog.
- I got a hair cut by a pretty Chinese girl.
Just as things couldn’t get any better… they didn’t. A fucking cockroach just walked into my bedroom as I typed this. I guess this is what I get for living cheaply and with house mates allergic to detergent and vegetables.
Instantly I knew what to do, coming from a country of casual violence, I grabbed the nearest shoe and twatted the thing. I’ll spare you a photo of this, but a leg came off, it’s antenna stopped twittering about and it seemed pretty dead as I stood over 1 million times taller than it puffing my chest out to show the nuclear proof critter who’s boss.
I then grabbed the vacuum cleaner and plugged it in the wall about half a meter away from the supposedly dead roach. As I fired it up and move the suction pole of doom towards it, it decided to come out of it’s coma and run away!
Que a quick panic and chasing a 5 legged cockroach under my backpack, I finally got it and with way too much pleasure watched it spin around in the bagless machine of clean.
So, how was your day?