Walking the Amazon

January 27, 2011 · 8 comments

I have recently found out about a new show starting on Discovery Channel called ‘Walking the Amazon’. Basically some guy goes off on an adventure. Fun ensues. Sounds familiar to me and I am looking forward to watching it. Here is a sneak preview I have of it that is well worth a look:

Tijmen January 28, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I heard about this guy before, must have been quite an adventure :) I bet he used tons of insect repelent! I can’t imagine after doing something like this ever having a deskjob again.
Tijmen´s latest blogpost – Surfing in Rio de Janeiro

AdventureRob January 28, 2011 at 2:08 PM

How would he even manage to carry enough insect repellant? :-)

He certainly would have distracting thoughts at a desk job I imagine.

Deb January 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I remember hearing about this too. He walked it a couple of years ago. Cool that they are turning it into a series. All that hard work paid off.
Deb´s latest blogpost – Bulgaria Boasts Europe’s Oldest City

AdventureRob January 30, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Really? I thought it would have been recent. I’m intrigued on how he turned it into a show now. Would be a great way to travel – get a TV company to sponsor you and pay for it all after you’re done!

bethany January 30, 2011 at 4:29 AM

This looks like an awesome show! Thanks for sharing it Rob. I can def. relate to the giant piles of mail – it’s one thing I always hate coming home too. I can’t wait to check this out though, it looks great for inspiration.
bethany´s latest blogpost – The Eiffel Tower in HDR- Paris- France – Somewhere In Time Weekly Travel Photo

AdventureRob January 31, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Yeah, certainly when one is in need of an adventure we can turn to certain shows for inspiration. Ewan McGregor hasn’t done anything recently so I could do with something new too.

Jane January 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Looks like his having the time of his life=)