Get Japan visa

In 2010 I went to Japan on a working holiday visa which I previously wrote a guide for. It was one of my most popular posts ever. During my year in Japan I met a lady who I fell in love with, and later married. She being Japanese meant my future with this country was going to become more closer, and so I needed a more suitable visa than a one-off never to renew opportunity to work. There are 2 options in this scenario (as well as the student visa in which you need a university place in Japan for amongst other things) and they are 1. A work visa and 2. A spouse visa. The work visa required a job offer in Japan, and the spouse visa requires a spouse in Japan. So before you get any of these visa’s bear in mind the basic reason behind them!

That aside, I guess you’re looking at this page because a spouse visa is the one for you. So I’ll help guide you through this and get yours. Read the rest! \(^u^)/ →


As I’m from the UK, this article is based on my experience for applying for the Japanese working holiday visa as a UK citizen, I have included details on the variations on different countries options though, there are slight variations in requirements depending on which country you are coming from. Japanese working holiday visas (which entitle the owner to stay in Japan and gives them the legal requirement to work) are for residents from the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Denmark, France, Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. With the exception of Ireland (which is 18-25) residents of these countries applying for the Japan WH visa must be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive). Read the rest! \(^u^)/ →